Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. … do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:4-7
Last night some of us gathered in prayer to praise God and thank Him for His mercy, His steadfast love, and His work through SixtyFeet. I can’t think of any better way to spend a Friday night. It was a great time of encouragement and fellowship.
We would also love for you to pray with us ahead of our upcoming trip to Uganda on Tuesday. Two of our US team members, Garry and Scott, will be in country for a week. On all of our trips we try to balance wise planning while allowing sufficient time to follow where God may lead us. Each time He shows up in amazing ways so we look forward to seeing what He has in store! Some of our objectives for the trip are to:
- Visit several of the other remand homes, including ones in northern Uganda, to continue assessing the needs and how we can best minister to the children there.
- Spend time with the children at “M” playing, working and worshiping with them.
- Secure several homes where vulnerable children at “M” can live in a nurturing environment and receive ongoing support, education and the love of Christ.
- Encourage our UG team on the ground (3 strong now) (although truth be told they encourage us a lot more than we encourage them! They’re amazing.). We hope to not only build them up, but pray that the Lord would continue to expand their ranks and bless the fruit of their labor as they minister in Jesus’ name!
- Strengthen our relationships with local ministry partners, who have blessed us richly.
- Prepare the way for a mission trip this summer comprised of several SixtyFeet team members and supporters (if you’re interested please let us know).
- Work on a few special surprises that we will be announcing shortly!!!!
Finally, we can’t thank you all enough. The outpouring of love and support for these children has wrecked us over and over again. When others in the body of Christ grieve as we do over the injustices suffered by orphans and vulnerable children, it confirms this work and strengthens our resolve.
As an example, one group recently raised enough funds to not only provide water at one of the remand homes but also provide crucial medical care to the children. Another group raised funds to provide mattresses to children sleeping on concrete floors. We are grateful to those who not only hear the need but respond (whether in prayer or in many other ways)!
Thank you for coming alongside us and lifting up our arms.